Unconfirmed Minutes of Finance Committee held on 25th October 2017

 

Meeting commenced at 7.05pm

               

Minute

 

Action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

794

 

Attendance: Cllrs Bashford,  Godley, Thornton, Mear

Members of the public :– None

Clerk : C. Stephenson

 

 

 

 

 

795

 

Apologies and reasons for absence:  None

Absent: Cllr Davies

 

 

 

 

 

796

 

Declarations of interest by councillors on any of the agenda items below: None

 

 

 

797

 

Request for DPI Dispensations: None

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

798

 

Minutes: Clerk to ascertain whether Cllr Mansfield is on this committee or not as referred to in previous minutes.

Re Minute 792 – Agreed to commission Adur and Worthing Councils to undertake a fire safety inspection of Old School House and Harriet Johnson Centre to ensure the Council is meeting current legislation and produce report with any recommendations – price quoted £190 plus VAT subject to initial visit. Clerk to arrange. Clerk to purchase additional smoke alarms/carbon dioxide detectors; check date of last gas and PAT inspections and to obtain prices for possible CCTV/alarm options for the security of the building.

The unconfirmed minutes of 27th September 2017 were resolved as a true record.

 

 

 

 

 

799

 

Public participation: None present

 

 

 

800

 

List of Payments up to 30th September 2017 for approval: The list was approved for payments. Members noted the bank balances on all 3 accounts. Cllr Godley asked that an invoice be sent to WSCC for their contribution towards recent survey. Clerk asked to ascertain if plaque has been purchased for Joyce Burns. Clerk to add item to Full Council agenda to discuss moving budget for Air Raid Shelter from Amenities and Environment Committee and allocating new Well Being Budget to Centre Committee.

 

 

Clerk

Clerk

 

 

 

801

 

Verification of bank accounts:  Members received the bank statements for September 2017 and on agreement with the committee, Cllr Bashford signed off all reconciliation statements, transfers and the bank statements.

 

 

 

 

802

 

Approval of use of reserves: None

 

 

 

 

803

 

Budgets 2018/19: Clerk to amend heading on agenda from 2017/18. Cllrs confirmed each Committee is responsible for considering and submitting their budgets for next year in time for consideration by Full Council in December 2017.

Clerk to implement previously agreed increase in salary for Assistant Clerk.

Cllrs confirmed HR Committee consist of Cllrs Mear, Bashford, Godley, Smith to meet to consider Member training proposals, Clerk to arrange. Cllrs agreed up to £1000.

Clerk to add item to Full Council agenda to discuss allocation of resources of Caretakers post.

Clerk to add item to Amenities and Environment agenda to discuss opening/closing/cleaning arrangements for toilets on Sompting Recreation ground. Clerk to contact SALC for advice on related employment issues.

 

 

 

804

 

Additional Bank Account : Clerk advised that the Council would not be covered under the FSA protection due to the cumulative amount held by the Council with the same bank. Agreed to delegate to the Clerk to investigate possible accounts with Barclays and Nationwide available to Parish Councils and report back.

 

 

Clerk

 

 

805

 

IT : Clerk advised of a) ongoing issues relating to failure of broadband connections and its impact on staff being able undertake their normal day to day duties. Clerk requested to contact IT support company and others to discuss options to resolve this issue

 

 

 

 806

 

Website : Clerk advised of ongoing issues relating to inability to update/maintain Council’s website due to unresolved technical issues. Cllrs agreed to ask the Clerk to investigate alternative solutions/providers inc asking SSALC for list of providers elsewhere. Cllrs agreed £1000 be added to budgets for 2018/19 under Centre Committee responsibility.

 

 

 

 

 

807

 

 

Items for future discussion:

None

 

 

 

 

 

Meeting closed 8.35pm

 

 

 

 

              Signed (Chairman) ……………………………………. Date ……………………..

 

 

Minutes of Finance Committee held on 27th September 2017

 at 7.00 pm at Harriet Johnson Centre, Loose Lane, Sompting.

 

MINUTE

 

ACTION

 

 

 

779

 

 

               

 

                                       

Attendance: Cllrs K Bashford  Mrs A. Godley, B. Mear  M. Thornton

Centre Manager Mrs. S. Williams

 

 

 

780

Apologies and reasons for absence:  Cllr P. Mansfield

 

 

 

781

Declarations of interest by councillors on any of the agenda items:  None

 

 

 

782

 

 

783

Request for DPI Dispensations: Any request for dispensation to be made now and the Council will decide whether the request is agreed: None

 

Minutes of last meeting: held on  26th July  – Approved and signed.

 

 

784

                                 

785

786

 

787

 

788

789

790

791

                 

792

 

 

 

 

793

Public participation: None present.

 

List of payments for approval: The list was approved for payment.

 

Verification of bank accounts: Members received the bank statements for July, August 2017. Cllr Bashford signed the statements.

Members would like to see the budget and amount spent on plants. Leighton Clay will send his budget sheet to Centre Manager to be brought to Centre Committee and then presented to Finance Committee.

 

Approval of use of reserves: Members received the current position on reserves. Recommended and approved  that £2000 be transferred from reserves as a contribution towards Health and Wellbeing project as agreed by Full Council on 13th September 2017.

 

To note outcome of Annual Return 2016/2017: Read and noted.

 

Budgets: Each Committee to set their own budget.

 

Petty cash float: Members agreed that a float of £30 for the use of disposables be held in the Centre office in a secure tin. (to be purchased with a combination lock).

 

Acquisition of purchasing card: Members agreed a purchasing card being held by the Clerk in a secure place. This being subject to advise and guidance by the Clerk.

 

 

Reports by Clerk: Members to discuss and agree the way forward on the following expenditure:

 

1          Members training: A letter form SALC was circulated to members regarding councillor training. Members would like this to be discussed at length with the Clerk and HR Committee.

2          Update on IT issues at the offices. Report noted.

3          Electrical testing in the offices and HJ Centre. The PAT annual inspection is due in October. All other electrical issues will be dealt with via Centre Manager.

4          Legionnaire testing. Centre Manager has spoken to Southern Water who do not feel there is a need for testing the water at the Centre as water comes directly from the mains into the Centre. No water storage tanks are in place.

 

Items for future discussion by Council, committees or Emergency Consultation Panel: None.

 

 

Meeting ends:20:40                                          

                                                                   Signed…………………………….    Date……………………………

                                                                   Cllr K. Bashford       

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Minutes of Finance held on 26th July 2017

 

               

Minute

 

Action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

767

 

Attendance: Cllrs Bashford, Thornton, Mear, Godley

 

 

 

 

 

768

 

769

 

Apologies and reasons for absence:  None

 

Absent: Cllr Mansfield

 

 

 

 

 

770

 

 

771

 

Declarations of interest by councillors on any of the agenda items below: None

 

Request for DPI Dispensations: None

 

 

 

 

 

772

 

Minutes: The unconfirmed minutes of 28th June 2017 resolved as a true record.

 

 

 

 

 

773

 

Public participation: None present

 

 

 

 

 

774

 

List of Receipts and Payments for approval: The list was approved for payment with members approving salary costs for July 2017 being added.

 

 

 

 

775

 

Verification of bank accounts:  Members received the bank statements for June 2017 and on agreement with the committee, Cllr Bashford signed the statements. The Clerk had no adjustments to report.

 

 

 776

 

 Budget payments up to 30th June 2017: Members received list of payments against current budgets. Members noted the figures.

 

777

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

778

 

 

 

 

Increase in network requirements: Members received Clerk’s report and resolved approval to the recommendations:

 

1.     Since JSPC are looking after the IT Suite computers and software and have maintained the existing office systems and are a well-known local firm, Financial Regs are wavered to allow one contractor to supply and set-up the above system.

 

2.     That the Council places an Order for JSPC for the items stated above for the initial cost of £ 1,178.23 + vat

 

3.     That the Council undertakes an annual payment to JSPC for the annual costs to be incurred one year following installation. These being £ 215.10 + vat

 

4.     That funds for the first-year cost be found from reserves.

 

5.     That the annual costs are budgeted for each year allowing for any increase placed by the software supplier.

 

 

Reports by Clerk:  The Clerk reminded members of the 2018/19 budget timetable.

 

 

 

 

Minutes of Finance held on 28th June 2017

 

               

Minute

 

Action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

754

 

Attendance: Cllrs Bashford, Thornton, Mear

 

 

 

 

 

755

 

756

 

Apologies and reasons for absence:  Cllr Godley

 

Absent: Cllr Mansfield

 

 

 

 

 

757

 

 

758

 

Election of Chair and Vice Chair: Cllr Bashford confirmed as chair. Vice-chair to be elected at Full Council (12th July)

 

Declarations of interest by councillors on any of the agenda items below: None

 

 

 

 

 

759

 

Request for DPI Dispensations: None

 

 

 

 

 

760

 

Minutes: The unconfirmed minutes of 24th May 2017 resolved as a true record.

 

 

 

 

 

761

 

Public participation: None present

 

 

 

 

 

762

 

List of Receipts and Payments for approval: The list was approved for payments for the payment sum of £ 13,480.13. Questions were asked re Festival expenditure and the Clerk replied that once all payments / income received was compiled, then Cllr Godley can respond as she was not attending the meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

763

 

 

 

764

 

 

 

 

765

 

 

766

 

 

 

 

Verification of bank accounts:  Members received the bank statements for June 2017 and on agreement with the committee, Cllr Bashford signed the statements. The Clerk had no adjustments to report.

 

Approval of use of reserves: The Clerk present the current reserves list for members’ information stating that once the Sompting Festival accounts have been presented, the list will be amended to ensure payments made by ear-marked reserves are listed and the reserves show a positive balance.

 

Budget payments up to 26th June 2017: Members received list of payments against current budgets. Members noted the figures.

 

Reports by Clerk: The Clerk discussed the issue concerning the effectiveness of the current internet use for office staff and the public. He stated that software would be required to encrypt all computers holding data so that all data was secure. The cost of upgrading the software and to increase the effectiveness of the internet due to the office structure with a technician undertaking the work would be in the region of £ 1000.00. The Clerk informed members of this as the funds would have to be found from reserves. Members agreed in principle subject to further discussions with the contractor (JSPC) and being presented to Finance for approval. However, if found that the work is necessary before that meeting, subject to the Chairman agreeing, the work can start.

 

 

Meeting ends

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Items for future discussion:

None

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Minutes of Finance held on 24th May 2017

 

               

Minute

 

Action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

744

 

Attendance: Cllrs Bashford (Chair), Thornton, Godley, Mear

 

 

 

 

 

745

 

Apologies and reasons for absence:  None

 

 

 

 

 

746

 

Declarations of interest by councillors on any of the agenda items below: None

 

 

 

 

 

747

 

Request for DPI Dispensations: None

 

 

 

 

 

748

 

Minutes: The unconfirmed minutes of 29th March 2017 resolved as a true record.

 

 

 

 

 

749

 

Public participation: None present

 

 

 

 

 

750

 

List of Receipts and Payments for approval: The list was approved for payments for the payment sum of £ 12,705:30

 

 

 

 

 

751

 

 

 

752

 

 

753

 

 

 

 

Verification of bank accounts:  Members received the bank statements for April and May 2017 and on agreement with the committee, Cllr Bashford signed the statements. The Clerk had no adjustments to report.

 

Internal Audit Report: Members received the report and approved. No recommendations to action

 

Reports by Clerk: Cllr Godley requested a further cheque for £ 500.00 to pay deposits etc for Festival. Members (except Cllr Godley) resolved payment of £ 500.00 to be paid. Clerk to add this to the list of payments for ratification next meeting.

 

 

Meeting ends

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Items for future discussion:

Cllr Thornton request information on Family Information Service (WSCC) lack of funding.